Property Manager: Barrington Management Inc.
Engineer: CBI Consulting Inc.
General Contractor: Alpha Weatherproofing Corp.
The upper level carport at Watermill Place Condominiums had originally been waterproofed with a single-ply membrane that had failed and was allowing water to penetrate down through the topping slab and precast plank system onto vehicles parked on the lower level.
The Alpha Weatherproofing team was called upon to install a waterproofing system.
- Reinforced plastic was erected under the slab to prevent leaking or damage to cars
- The topping slab was removed
- The failed membrane was removed and the surface was prepped using hydrodemolition
- Cracks were saw cut, sealed and detailed
- Waterproofing was applied with gage rakes to ensure the proper mil thickness
- Numerous moisture tests were performed to ensure positive application
- Drains were plugged and a 24-hour water test was conducted
- A special protection course/drainage mat was installed
- 1.5-inch macro fiber reinforcement was added to the concrete to prevent cracking
- Line stripes and brick walkways were installed to complete the project
Facility owners and residents were pleased that the parking area was successfully restored to a waterproof and worry-free condition.
Click here for a printer friendly PDF.